Join Journey Lab
Thoughtfulness is key in everything we do. Journey Lab + Journey Lab International is seeking equally thoughtful individuals to join our team. We still see ourselves as growing, and we never want to stop. Those a part of the Journey Lab team are integral to its culture and is a highly supportive environment.
We are built from being apart of the ground work New York start-ups (back when they were start-ups): Warby Parker, Larsson & Jennings, Away – as well as within the industry at TIME, Broadway companies, and NYTW.
insurance Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental), Tax Savings Plans for Retirement, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits
Professional Development – We Invest In Your Career
An Environment Where Everyone Can Thrive
Office Dogs/Pet Open
Open Position — Experience Designer
Journey Lab + Journey Lab International is seeking an Experience Designer to design multiple projects across the company. As a key member of the core creative team working across Journey Lab’s portfolio, and a key contributor throughout decision-making processes and feasibility phases of project development. With the artistic creative team you will devise the structure of design teams across all major productions, and lead the design process itself on key projects. In addition to having a strong aesthetic relevant or sympathetic to Journey Lab’s style of production, you have proven experience as an excellent communicator and managing multiple people and projects. You approach your work with a strong passion, expressing creative problem-solving skills and finding solutions to complicated design elements both within and beyond buildings. This position reports to the Artistic Director.
What you'll do:
• Craft the worlds of story using your speciality in lighting, soundscape, set design, properties or other medium.
• Attend creative development meetings, undertaking site visits laying out key design and physical positions for requested budgets in the procurement of these worlds.
• Be hands-on with projects from pre-production through post-production.
• Create and lead design-based workshops at Journey Lab and on behalf of Journey Lab through our programming and partnerships, as well as design for educational purposes.
• Develop the project design and overall aesthetic, taking into account audience movement, safety, local authority guidance and practical considerations.
• Attend performances always seeking improvements and actioning them
Who you are:
• Obsessed with world-building, research + development, details, details, details...
• Have considerable experience in bringing your design passion to life for an audience • Excellent at drafting ideas quickly and with a growing team.
• Picky over details.
• Are interested in mentoring and growing a team.
• Work with a "no task is too small" attitude.
• Are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?" • Love arts and drama + international travel (but that's a given).
Open Position — Marketing Manager
Journey Lab + Journey Lab International is seeking a Marketing Manager who will develop and grow our social media presence across new and existing platforms. The right candidate has experience developing and executing best-in-class social media strategy, content, and community management for a brand that is will grow to be known for their exemplary social media as well as experience mentoring and developing a team. This position reports to the Artistic and Managing Directors.
What you'll do:
Develop and build on Journey Lab’s strategy around content, voice, and community to deliver a best-in-class marketing, and social media experience across all platforms
Oversee and professionally develop a small team of Social Media Associates, and together manage day-to-day social media engagement, content and conversation.
Constantly innovate and think about how we can be ahead of the curve in offering a cutting edge marketing and social media experience.
Measure and report on follower growth, engagement, and community response time across all platforms.
Closely collaborate with the influencer marketing, editorial, partnerships, and PR teams to develop content and increase brand awareness.
Who you are:
• Insatiably curious about marketing strategy for both a non-profit organization, as well as a start-up commercial company
• Have 3-5 years experience in creating and owning best-in-class marketing strategy and social media programs.
• Live and breathe marketing stragety, social and tweet, 'gram, snap, and pin with the best of them
• Are witty, obsessed with trends and culture, and can start a conversation with anyone
• Are interested in mentoring and growing a team
• Work with a "no task is too small" attitude
• Are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
• Love arts and drama (but that's a given)